Am I A Church Planter?
Every person that considers church planting asks the question, Am I a Church Planter? The following self-evaluative checklist is a tool to help you discern and is not an absolute test. You will not score 100% on each question. That is what the gospel provides and why we need it. This tool is based on research and can assist you to answer the question, Am I a Church Planter? Answer the questions based on your past experiences and not according to your idealistic self. You might also ask others about their view of you.
- Am I joyfully walking with Christ as my Savior and the Lord of my life?
- Am I a person who pursues my faith through faithful times in His Word, prayer, confession and repentance of sin, committing to a local church, and serving sacrificially?
- Am I trustworthy and responsible to follow through with promises, responsibilities, and commitments?
- Am I qualified to meet the Biblical requirements for an elder or pastor?
- Am I called to plant a church and have the confirmation of others?
- Am I passionately sharing the good news of Jesus’ redemption with others?
- Am I awakening a passion in others to share their faith?
- Am I adaptable in my plans and able to adjust to reach goals?
- Am I a pursuing knowledge and skills for personal growth and greater effectiveness?
- Am I an engaging preacher and teacher who is able to express gospel truth clearly and winsomely?
- Am I able to help people to grow in their understanding of the Bible and its application in their lives?
- Am I growing in a healthy marriage (if applicable) and have my spouse’s commitment to this vision?
- Am I able to work through difficulties in relationships and address adverse circumstances in a healthy manner?
- Am I expressing the gospel in my relationships by demonstrating grace, love, compassion, forgiveness, and truth telling?
- Am I able to lead others to express their gifts in ministry?
- Am I able to manage conflict and misunderstandings?
- Am I an action-oriented person who perseveres in order to advance the mission?
- Am I experienced enough in church ministry to understand how the local church operates and how to motivate and develop leaders and volunteers?
- Am I able to produce fruit in ministry where the gospel transforms the lives of others?
- Am I able to start new things that lead to effective creation?